Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Update and BBQ Around MD

So...I know it's been a bit since I wrote anything, but I've been stressing over home stuff and getting ready to go be a vendor at Pork in the Park (the largest KCBS Festival on the East Coast!). That last part make me kinda nervous. 

I've got to figure out what to do since I don't have a food license for Wicomico County (the cost was more than I wanted to pay for the short time we'd be there and they wanted info that a novice like myself wasn't sure about) so I can't sample. Although I've been given a few tips from people that have done these things before and I'll speak with other vendors while I'm there. This is the first really big festival I've been to.

I am also going to speak with a local church about renting their kitchen for testing and stuff which would allow me the use of their license (at least for Balto County). I don't understand why they can't just have one license that covers you for the whole state. I've also got a new plan in the works that will allow me to expand on the blog.


Since the BBQ season has arrived I will be traveling around the Baltimore Metro Area checking out as many BBQ joints as I can find. I'll start with the little shacks (i.e. Charcoal Deli, Charcoal Grill, etc) and work my way up to the bigger restaurants (i.e. Charred Rib, Corner Stable, etc) then maybe some chains...maybe. Then I'll post my reviews on their service, food and especially their sauces.


Hooray for BBQ!!

No comments:

Post a Comment