Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Looking for shows to do...

So when we first got the sauces bottled, my wife and I were talking about shows we could do. We knew we may have to start with some flea markets, but we'd need to get into some wine shows, bbq festivals and out to stores.

I started checking out some of the large scale flea markets, checked the internet for different local festivals and craft shows. Since it was already so late in the season most of the events I wanted to do were already over or had to be booked further in advance than I had time for.

I ended up going to a few flea markets, some better than others. I also, thanks to my friend at the Wild Dog, was able to do the Hereford Fall Festival. I think that really helped spread the word about the sauce. I noted shows for the upcoming season. I also met another great vendor at the festival and they passed on some info about shows.

Pork in the Park is one that caught our eye quickly. Not too expensive, especially for a three day show. We worked out some plans for the kids and sent out our application. Once we get confirmation, we'll let everyone know. We're also looking into a few others such as Naptown barBAYq, MD State BBQ Bash, the Havre de Grace Seafood Festival and more. I'm trying to get in touch with the committee for Hereford's Independence Day Parade and will also be doing the Hereford Fall Festival again.

Once I confirm the shows and the dates I'll post them in the event section below as well as on facebook and twitter. If I hear of more shows I'll take a look and see if it's worth it for us right now...some of these things are really expensive. Anyway, we'll see what happens and I write about it later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment